Thursday, August 23, 2012

Master Bedroom Makeover

 The most neglected room in the house has been the master bedroom. I'm not certain why, but I think it was too overwhelming for me to shuffle around large pieces of furniture myself, as well as, contend with my husband's ever increasing "junk" pile. He claimed he didn't have enough storage space as I had taken over the entire closet. Thinking of putting the house on the market, we decided enough was enough and with my son home from college went to work removing an old dresser from the room (I am going to paint it) and rearranging the furniture. The heavy headboard was never attached to the bedframe and would bump against the wall, driving me to distraction. I was seriously considering getting a new bed, but couldn't find what I was looking for and all of them were far too expensive for not being quite right. I am almost positive my headboard is a Charles P. Rodgers. (I think I have the name correct.) I've had it close to twenty years. Unfortunately, I don't have any "before" photos, but I consider the wallpaper a before, not removing it. I decided to work with the paper and found a paint that I felt complemented it well. It's Martha Stewart's Tobacco Leaf. Little touches here and there brought the room together.

                                                           Photos in random order

Great-grandparent's dresser painted in Bayberry Green Milk Paint.  Wall painted in Martha Stewart's Tobacco Leaf.  Large gold picture frame painted with white glossy paint and lightly sanded.
My great-grandparent's dresser painted in Bayberry Green Milk Paint.  View of wallpaper, closet painted in Martha Stewart's Tobacco Leaf paint.  Pine flooring original to house (1917). 
Hitchcock chair (so sad when Riverton,CT factory closed), old floral print, edge of bamboo script mat bought from Lucketts online store, floral pillow from Marshall's and Family pillow from American Vintage Furniture in Naugatuck, CT
Ikea Chifferobe with old wicker basket.  Side view of bed.  Old painter's stool belonging to my husband's late grandfather against Chifferobe
Drapes from Ikea, Liz Claiborne quilt at foot of bed, Postes France pillow from Lucketts, Tommy Hilfiger ticking pillow, Ikea brown pillow shams, Ikea blue striped pillow shams and blue striped duvet cover.  Wreath from American Vintage Furniture in Naugatuck, CT, bedside lamps from Christmas Tree Shops

  I will add more photos soon.  xo

No comments: