Monday, September 10, 2012

A gentle September morn





                     


A breeze springs from the earth and the world is set in motion.  Leaves twirl, dappling the ground, an ever-changing dance.  It appears quiet to my ears when I half-listen, but then quickly awakening to the cacophony of all the living.  It has been so long since I have felt something besides sorrow.  We were not raised to be self-indulgent.  I had told myself and all listening, I would rather cry the span of my life than feel nothing at all.  It is time to move on, to imagine things beyond this moment.  There is much more to be done.  The world is busy, not steeped in morosity.  A breeze springs up around me, touches me and I am inspired this gentle September morn.  I see farther than I have since Spring. 






















I am able now to see the perfection in the imperfect, the quiet beauty of aging things. 















xo  Kimberly