Monday, September 24, 2012

Autumnal vignettes and seasonal banner

Warmest thanks to Angela at Knick of Time for graciously sharing her template for a wonderful banner.   Go here:  http://knickoftimeinteriors.blogspot.com/2012/09/create-banner-with-printable-antique.html    (ugly link)

It was my first banner and her template really made it a simple, fun, creative experience.  I love how the banner looks against the buffalo check curtains in my dining room.  I printed off the template on linen colored cardstock sizing it to 2 5x7s on the paper.  I used a stencil and a black oil based paint Sharpie.  Quick and easy, but remember to work on a protective surface as the paint may bleed through the paper.  Anglea gives you other options for stenciling the banner.  After I let the paint dry, (not long), I cut the pages out and then used a single hole punch on the upper right and left hand corners of the page.  Next, I strung twine, inserting the twine from the front upper left hand corner and then pulling it back through to the front upper right hand corner.  I continued this process on all the stenciled pages.  I tied a knot to hold the last page in position and then when all the pages had been strung tied that end off as well.  (It's pretty self-explanatory and not as complicated as I seem to be making it. lol) 

Here's my banner:

Thanksgiving Banner

Or a banner for year 'round display


Dining Room tablescape

 Front porch autumn vignette
 Burlap wreath
Another display with fall foliage
view through old window to mums in window boxes


Have a great monday!  Kimberly X O
 

No comments: